Discover more about our specialised lifeguard training courses tailored to suit your ability. We have experienced instructors available who will guide you through the course on the way to becoming a qualified lifeguard.
JLA – Junior Lifeguard Award
To qualify for a JLA, you must be at least 14 years old, but not older than 16 years of age. The following is a list of the requirements for you to be awarded a JLA.
– 400m pool swim in under 9 minutes
– 200m Run / 200m Surf Swim / 200m Run in under 10 minutes
– Basic Emergency Care – Basic Anatomy and Physiology of the heart and lungs
– Recognition of potential victims, danger and surf awareness – Maintenance of basic rescue equipment
– Duties of a lifeguard
– Spinal management awareness in the water
– 1-Man CPR, recovery position and vomit drill
– Use of a Throw-line
– Torpedo buoy rescue without resuscitation
LA – Lifeguard Award
To qualify for a LA, you must be at least 16 years old. The following is a list of the requirements over and above the JLA requirements for you to be awarded a LA.
– 400m pool swim in under 8 minutes
– Emergency Care – Level 2 First aid, Rescue Breathing, 1 and 2-man CPR, child and infant CPR protocols, recovery position and vomit drill, jaw thrust manoevure
– Signals including helicopter signals
– Spinal Injury management
– Rescue releases – Drowning clutch, push-up and wrist grip releases, front and back strangle holds
– Box Line swim (maximum distance 100m) – Torpedo buoy rescue and deep water resuscitation using fins including placement on dry land
– 1 man drag & 2-man carry
– Malibu / Craft rescue
QC – Qualifying Certificate
To qualify to be a QC, you must be at least 16 years old. The requirements include everything as per the LA, EXCEPT all water practical work.
Become a lifeguard now – Contact us at email@example.com
Download the Lifeguard Membership and Indemnity Form Download the Nippers Application and Indemnity Form